We are recruiting for a talented Web Designer & Developer in Wakefield, to own the in-house development of the company’s website, be highly involved in the development of our owned and operated back-office applications and feed into the digital marketing efforts.
Cars2 is one of Yorkshire’s strongest and fastest growing motor retail groups (£48m turnover). Our year-on-year record profits have funded growth and we now operate 6 franchised car dealerships in West and South Yorkshire, with further developments and acquisitions planned.
We have been through a period of investment and modernisation to adapt to the evolving market place. The Web Designer & Developer position will be key to realising Cars2’s digital focused strategy, and will benefit from ongoing training opportunities.
The Role of Web Designer & Developer
Reporting to the Group Business Development Director, you will:
• Be responsible for the ongoing development and upkeep of Cars2’s company website – built on the WordPress platform.
• Work closely with the Group Digital Marketing Team to maintain existing and develop new back-office applications which streamline and automate Cars2’s operations and support continued growth.
• Develop increasing integration between Cars2’s various processes and software systems.
• Contribute your design expertise to the Cars2’s marketing efforts e.g. Email marketing, designing marketing collateral, occasionally creating assets for social media.
• Help drive the development of the Cars2 brand.
For the role of Web Designer & Developer, we are looking to recruit an individual who:
• Has 2+ years Web Design/Development experience in a commercial environment or a relevant degree (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Design, etc…) and can demonstrate a broad skill set.
• Thorough understanding of HTML/CSS with a natural talent for design.
• Experience using CSS framework e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation.
• Good working knowledge of WordPress CMS websites.
• Sound PHP and MySQL ability.
• Ability to spec applications, estimate timescales and drive completion of projects, working to deadlines.
• Good communication skills and ability to work flexibly and effectively in a dynamic team environment.
Experience with any of the following technologies would also be advantageous:
• Experience using Sass.
• Knowledge of Adobe CC products e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
• Object orientated PHP skills and experience using PHP frameworks, e.g. Laravel 5+.
• Email marketing e.g. using MailChimp.
• Experience working with Git.
• Advanced MySQL database skills.
• Experience integrating external APIs and knowledge of RESTful API design principals.
• Unit testing abilities.
• Linux system administration abilities.
• Wider digital marketing knowledge e.g. of PPC, SEO, social media.
Depending on experience and current skills, we will offer an annual salary in the range of £35,000 to £40,000 per annum plus bonus and car. All employees receive pension contributions and life assurance.
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Head Office directly on 01924 792043. You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!