We are recruiting for a talented Web Developer to own the in-house development of our website, be highly involved in the development of our owned and operated back-office applications and feed into the digital marketing efforts in Wakefield.
Cars 2 is one of Yorkshire’s strongest and fastest growing motor retail groups. Year-on-year record profits have funded growth and the company now operates 6 franchised car dealerships in West and South Yorkshire, with further developments and acquisitions planned in early 2018.
We have been through a period of investment and modernisation to adapt to the evolving market place. The Web Developer position will be key to realising the company’s digital focused strategy, and will benefit from ongoing training opportunities.
The Role of Web Developer
Reporting to the Group Digital Marketing Manager, you will:
• Be responsible for the ongoing development and upkeep of the company website – built on the WordPress platform.
• Work closely with the Group Digital Marketing Manager to maintain existing and develop new back-office applications which streamline and automate company operations and support continued growth.
• Develop increasing integration between the company’s various processes and software systems.
• Contribute your design expertise to help drive the development of the brand.
• Occasional ad hoc business support.
For the role of Web Developer, we are looking to recruit an individual who:
• Has 3+ years Web Development experience in a commercial environment (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Design, etc) and can demonstrate a broad skill set.
• Thorough understanding of HTML/CSS with a natural talent for design.
• Experience using CSS framework e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation.
• Excellent working knowledge of WordPress CMS websites.
• Excellent PHP and MySQL ability.
• Ability to spec applications, estimate timescales and drive completion of projects, working to deadlines.
• Good communication skills and ability to work flexibly and effectively in a dynamic team environment.
Experience with the following technologies would also be advantageous:
• Experience using Sass.
• Object orientated PHP skills and experience using PHP frameworks, e.g. Laravel 5+.
• Experience working with Git.
• Advanced MySQL database skills.
• Experience integrating external APIs and knowledge of RESTful API design principals.
• Linux system administration abilities.
Depending on experience and current skills, but our client will offer an annual salary in the range of £35,000 to £45,000 per annum. All employees receive pension contributions and life assurance.
How to apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com or contact our Head Office directly on 01924 792043. You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!