We are recruiting for an Apprentice Web Developer & Designer in Wakefield to support the in-house development of our website, and be involved in the development of our owned and operated back-office applications, while feeding into the group’s digital marketing efforts.
We are one of Yorkshire’s strongest and fastest growing motor retail groups. Year-on-year record profits have funded growth and the we now operate 6 franchised car dealerships in West and South Yorkshire, with further developments and acquisitions planned.
We have been through a period of investment and modernisation to adapt to the evolving market place. The successful Apprentice Web Developer & Designer candidate will benefit from working closely with the in-house development and digital marketing team, and receive ongoing training opportunities to supplement their apprenticeship course.
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring Web Developer/Designer, looking to gain experience and make the first step onto their career ladder.
Based at our Wakefield Head Office and reporting to the Group Digital Marketing Manager, you will:
• Support the ongoing development and upkeep of the company website – built on the WordPress platform.
• Work closely with the Group Digital Marketing Manager, helping maintain existing and develop new back-office applications which streamline and automate Cars2’s operations and support continued growth.
• Learn how to develop increasing integration between Cars2’s various processes and software systems.
• Practice and contribute your design skills to our marketing efforts e.g. Email marketing, designing marketing collateral, occasionally creating assets for social media. Help drive the development of our brand.
• Occasional ad hoc business support.
For the role of Web Developer & Designer, we are looking to recruit an individual who has:
• An education background or keen interest in Web Design/Development.
• Ideally someone who is passionate and excited about embarking on a programming career.
• Understanding of HTML/CSS with a natural eye for good design.
• PHP and SQL ability.
• Good communication skills and ability to work flexibly and effectively in a dynamic team environment.
• Good organisational skills and ability to complete tasks, working to prescribed deadlines.
While not expected, any applicant who can demonstrate knowledge of any of the following will be at a distinct advantage:
• CSS frameworks.
• Wordpress CMS websites.
• Adobe CC products e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
• Object orientated PHP skills and exposure to PHP frameworks.
• Email marketing e.g. using MailChimp.
• Some experience working with Git.
• Advanced MySQL database skills.
• Experience integrating external APIs.
• Linux experience.
• Wider digital marketing e.g. of PPC, SEO, social media.
The National Apprentice Minimum Wage will be paid in the first year of employment.
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Head Office directly on 01924 792043. You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!