Apprentice Technician (SEAT, Wakefield)
Are you looking for an apprenticeship and a career within the motor industry?
Cars2 have an excellent opportunity for meticulous young individual to join their SEAT Service team at their new prestige site in Wakefield, West Yorkshire as an Apprentice Technician.
We are rapidly expanding with new sites expected in 2017 which means a full supported career is available for the right candidate.
The Role of Vehicle Technician / Mechanic
As a Vehicle Technician for Cars2 the role will be reporting to the Workshop Controller, working Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
- You will undertake college and company training required to successfully complete the Apprentice Scheme to the expected and agreed standards.
- To accurately and skilfully undertake the repair and servicing of motor vehicles, whilst detecting and diagnosing any additional faults for further repair, ensuring all work is completed safely and to the satisfaction of the Workshop Controller and supervising Technician.
- To work effectively within the dealership team to ensure industry-leading standards of customer care and satisfaction at all times.
- To ensure the accurate and timely completion of administration and operational tasks. Strive to achieve a consistently high level of customer satisfaction through outstanding personal and professional conduct.
- Develop and maintain professional and positive working relationships with Company colleagues, customers, suppliers and external representatives, where appropriate.
- Deal with all customers and visitors promptly, courteously, and professionally. Ensure all environmental, Health & Safety and other Company policies and practices are strictly adhered to, operating within the law at all times.
- Display a positive attitude, supporting the Company’s reputation for excellence through high standards of personal behaviour, including appropriate dress code. Assess own performance and effectiveness and undertake personal development activities.
5 GCSE’s at grade A* to C (or equivalent) including Maths, English essential. Science and ICT are desirable.
You will be required to attend the Hyundai Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your ‘Block Release’ Training. This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel.
If fully completed, successful completion of the apprenticeship programme can provide the candidate with the following qualifications
- Level 2 & 3 NVQ in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Light Vehicle)
- Keyskills Level 2 Communication
- Keyskills Level 2 Application of Number
- Keyskills Level 1 Information Technology
- Advanced Apprenticeship Certificate
- Technical Certificates
- ATA Service/Maintenance Technician Status
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour from 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Working hours: Please note that anyone over the age of 18 may be offered the opportunity to work over 40 hours per week.